24/05/2010

A Real Adventure

So I am in the Lake District for the next few weeks, doing my work experience with real-adventure,which is run by Dan Robinson. Today we went to cathedral quarry, which is next to Coniston. I joined the group for a real interesting walk through the quarry.

We all walked through a small cave which opened up into the part which can only be described as the cathedral. We all did an echo test (shouted as loud as we could) then proceeded to walk further into the cave. Instead of torches, candles where handed out to add to the adventure. We took a right turn which came to a dead end. Then everyone was told to extinguish the candles, it was so dark I couldn’t tell if I had my eyes open or closed. After ignighting the candles again we found the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment