04/09/2010

Minus One Direct

You know things are getting desperate when you’re looking in the yellow pages for a climbing partner. During this desperate search, I was unaware that Guy was in the Fort for a few days and luckily for me I received a phone call from him. This meant I had a climbing partner and a plan. So it was back up the Ben to collect another four stars. This time we were heading for North East Buttress to do Minus One Direct (E1 5b****)

Guy's white helmet can just be picked out


Guy leading on minus one
Seconding on the second 5b pitch
The route offers some nice climbing which I felt was low in the grade. It still has some good exposed situations.
Also the Ben Nevis Race was on today but the field marshal's must have been doing a good job because we didn't see any of the runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment